The Multicultural Council of Tasmania is the state-wide leadership organisation representing people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
MCOT is seeking to recruit a passionate and experienced events’ coordinator and communicator for a 16 week project starting in December 2016. In this role you will be the lead organiser and co-ordination point for the second year of state-wide Harmony Week celebrations.
The position requires the need to network and liaise with a wide range of partner organisations,
help promote Harmony Week events and oversee communications.
Hours will be between 20 – 30 hours per week in the lead up to Harmony Week (20 – 26 March) when more hours will be needed for the peak period of the project, therefore this role is suitable for someone with a full-time working visa.
- Promote Harmony Week themes and goals
- Assist groups interested in running events to avoid duplication and enhance participation
- Administer a small grants program to assist with events occurring around the state
- Liaise with local governments, schools and businesses to encourage Harmony Week events to occur
- Explore innovative media and other partnerships to promote Harmony Week to a broad audience
- Update and manage the Harmony Tasmania website and social media pages
- Organise a media launch and liaise with the state government on other activities involving them
- Produce a report on the events
- Experience of working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Proven experience in events organisation and promotions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Confidence to coordinate projects with limited supervision
- Proficient in the use of Wordpress and Joomla programs, Mail Chimp and all social media tools.
- Current drivers license and own laptop (preferable)
Expressions of interest are due on 14 November
Provide an up-to-date CV and a 1-2 page response to selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please call Anna on (03) 6285 9906 or visit MCOT's website http://mcot.org.au/employment/