COTA Tasmania’s Active Ageing community consultation is now open!
The consultation is a chance to let us know how you want to grow older in the place you call home.
Ageing is a process we all share, but its changes are experienced differently by everyone. We all want to live a good life as we age. We want to know what enables you to live the life you hope for, regardless of age and cultural, social and physical resources.
The results from the consultation will we used to develop an Active Ageing Plan which responds to the needs, views and opinions of Tasmanians.
Active Ageing is about more than being physically active. It is also about continuing to belong, be involved, learn and have a purpose as we age.
It is really important for us to hear what you think. There are various ways to be involved in our Active Ageing Plan consultation:
- complete the Active Ageing Survey (available online or in hard copy) before 21 October
- fill out an Active Ageing postcard and tell us about your experiences of ageing
- register your interest in joining a focus group discussion in your community
- Tell us your story – What does growing older mean to you? What would you tell your teenage self about ageing? Stories should be around 250 words, and could be a poem or even an image
To pick up an Active Ageing postcard or to request a hard copy of the survey contact 6231 3265 or drop in to the COTA office.
To register your interest in attending a focus group in the following locations contact 6231 3265 or email email@example.com
- Hobart, Glenorchy and Clarence
- Launceston and St Helens
- Kingborough and the Huon Valley
- Brighton, New Norfolk and Oatlands
- Devonport, Burnie and Smithton
- Triabunna/Orford/Tasman Peninsula
To share your story post to COTA Tasmania, “Westella”, 181 Elizabeth St, Hobart 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Together we can find ways to reduce the barriers to living a good life as we age.
The Active Ageing Plan is a collaborative effort between the Tasmanian Government and COTA Tasmania.