Nominations now open
Nominations are now open for the 2018 Tasmanian Volunteering Awards.
The awards program is entering its third year, and is an initiative of Volunteering Tasmania and the Tasmanian Government.
Tasmanians volunteer 7.1 million hours each year with a value of $4.9 billion annually to the Tasmanian community.
The awards aim to recognise and reward the contribution of those who exhibit excellence in volunteering.
There are nine categories in addition to the ‘Premier’s Volunteer of the Year Award’, which is awarded to one of the winners in the individual categories. The individual categories are:
- Arts, Heritage and Tourism Award
- The Anglicare Lifestyle Community Care and Health Award
- The MyState Education, Science and Technology Award
- The Lifeline Emergency Services Award
- The NRM South Environment, Animal Care and Conservation Award
- The Sport and Recreation Award
- The CatholicCare Volunteer Group of Program Award
- The Hydro Tasmania Excellence Award
- The Tasplan Super Corporate Award
Help celebrate the volunteers in our community by nominating someone amazing today at www.volunteeringtas.org.au or by promoting the awards through your networks.
Nominations are open until Friday 2 March 2018.