Amplify Ability is a six-month program for anyone from a migrant or refugee background who is looking to make new connections, set and achieve goals and improve their emotional health and wellbeing.
The Migrant Resource Centre is currently taking enrolments for the Amplify Ability program starting 21 July 2021.
Participants will need to be 18 years or older, interested in the aims of the program and identify with being from a migrant or refugee background. There are no restrictions regarding visa status.
Amplify Ability is for people interested in:
- Goal setting: Discover and share their passion, wisdom and set personal and social goals with others
- Working together: Co-design the program. Share skills and knowledge with their peers to achieve their goals
- Skill building: Increase self-care, emotional health, self-management, computer and digital literacy skills
- Community engagement: Learn how to best access volunteering and other social connections and opportunities
- Speaking out: Learn consumer rights, how to access services and make sure their needs are met
- Peer support: stay focused on goals and participate in 1 to 1 and group mentoring to achieve support
- Celebrating learning: Share successes and learning with participants, family and friends and carers.
Participants will need to be able to commit to 2-3 hours per week of group work for the first 12 weeks.
Expression of interest
To express interest, potential participants may contact the Migrant Resource Centre directly, or Service Providers may fill out the referral form.
Adam Hammer phone 6221 0999 or 0499 550 848